my life was a little stressful the last couple of months but things are evening out now and I’m planning on picking up the pen again and getting into the habit of drawing regularly next month. some things i want to work on in particular are making a workspace post on my official blog, outlines and thumbnails for my fantasy comic, and OF COURSE lots of sailor moon crystal fanart.
it’s possible that friend and i will be tabling at some local conventions so if that happens i will definitely let you all know. if tabling happens, then i’ll also be putting some things up for sale online.
things are looking up. thanks for sticking around. :)
What’s your favorite thing to draw?
Cute girls, hands down my favorite thing to draw.
What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
Landscapes and architecture. I’m not very good at either. I get overwhelmed by them pretty easily. I did a drawing of a spot in the forest for one of my drawing classes and it turned out fine but it’s just so hard to draw plants and trees because I just don’t understand their structure. Architecture is hard because it often involves straight edges which are not my thing.
How long does an average piece take you to complete?
If you mean a full on drawing with color and a background, usually 3-4 sessions over a couple days. If it’s just a character drawing with flat colors, or no color, probably an hour or two.
What are you currently trying to improve on?
Landscapes and architecture, because they are very important for comics! Also colors, because i’m not so good at that either.
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
accepting drawing requests. i was going to do that color palette meme but I can’t find the post on my dash so whatever.